In this digital time and age where our lives revolve around the internet, it is essential that we have the perfect home router to ensure that we get our work done on time. Students do their homework online, businesses are managed online, transactions are made online, and you also need the internet for entertainment purposes.
Hence, why compromise over your router? We have picked out the 10 best routers for home use 2019 that are available on the market as you can see below, providing maximum range coverage, hyper-fast speed, and high security.
These wifi router devices have modern styles and that makes them look elegant while providing a wide range of functions.
Check out below the 10 best routers for home use for 2021:
1. TP-Link N-450 (TL-WR940N) AC 1200
This is an inexpensive wireless router and most of the customers use it for home use. Also great for online gaming and streaming movies.
It has a speed of 450 Mbps that is perfect for bandwidth-intensive tasks such as video streaming and gaming. Its IP-based bandwidth helps users to determine how much bandwidth should be allotted to each wifi-enabled device. The WPS button will be used for one-touch security encryption. It allows you to set limits on when and how devices can connect to the internet, hence helping keep children safe with parental controls. TP-Link packs it with a 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support.
- It uses 11n technology which is faster and can cover more area
- Powered by a single-core processor
- Not compatible with phoneline internet
- It has 3x external antennas for better coverage and stability
2. NETGEAR N750 (WNDR4300)
Though slightly more expensive than the N450, customers are happy with this product as it has ‘quadrupled’ their initial Wi-Fi speed.
The N750 delivers a fast Wi-Fi speed of up to 300 + 450 (up to 750 Mbps) and is the perfect option for medium to larger homes. You can also access and share wirelessly your USB drives or printer. This product has a secure, reliable connection and provides web filtering for all your devices, thanks to the parental control features.
Meanwhile, with Advanced QoS feature, you can prioritize your internet traffic.. also it is optimized to make you more comfortable while watching HD movies or gaming
- It is equipped with dual-band feature that reduces the risk of interference between wifi devices and for better connection as well
- Comes with two 2.0 USB ports along with a USB printer
- You will be able to separate, secure access for guests.
3. Linksys Max-Stream AC2200
A slightly expensive product, the Linksys AC2200 is one of the most powerful wireless routers because it can deliver very high speed and combined with Tri-Band and MU MIMO technology
If you are planning to buy a new wireless router or upgrade your old home router, you should consider this one. It is an ideal choice for any household with heavy wireless use. It offers speed up to 2.2Gbps for lag-free streaming or multiplayer online gaming and increase your home productivity. Another great feature is the ability of this router to update its firmware automatically once the manufacturer releases the new firmware, this makes the router always secure and up-to-date.
- Supports Multiple wireless connections at the same time
- Powered by 716 MHz (Quad-Core) of Processor
- Versatile connectivity, thanks to USB as well as Ethernet ports
- Comes with Linksys App, making setup easy and you can manage all your home wifi at anytime
- Airtime Fairness makes the distribution of Wi-Fi connectivity better
4. ASUS 3-in-1 (RT-N12)
A cheap option, the router is well made and flexible. It has a nice finish and customers seem happy with this little black product.
It is a 3-in-1 device that can work as a wireless access point, wifi router, and wifi range extender. Furthermore, its 4 SSIDs will allow you to manage access control and even bandwidth allocation to each device. The product has a speed of 300 Mbps and comes with two 5 dBi antennas that are detachable for more powerful coverage.
- The RT-N12 comes with 2T2R MIMO technology
- Easy setup to your PC or any mobile devices, Tablets, Smartphones
- You can easily and quickly switch between repeater,access point (AP) and router modes
- Privacy control can be applied to each user account and you can restrict certain sites or set bandwidth limits.
5. Securifi Almond
It is a pricier option, but with a touchscreen feature and 95% of the customers could set up the product in 3 minutes.
This product does not have a built-in DSL modem. It is a multifunction device where; the device can be used as a primary wireless router, a wifi range extender, a wifi access point, or a wireless bridge. It also offers parental control option where you can schedule or manage online activities for your kids. It has a 1-year warranty and unlimited technical support.
- The product has wireless compatibility of 802.11b/g/n
- No PC/MAC/driver is required for setup
- Provides a speed of 300 Mbps
- Each Almond device has different SSID
- Compatible with most routers from Apple, Netgear, and Linksys to Cisco, Belkin, Asus, Verizon, and AT&T
- High-class security
- It has a power supply of 5V, 1A
- 2 internal antennas
- It has 2 LAN ports and 1 WAN port so more device can connect to this router
6. ASUS AC5300 TriBand Router
A considerably pricey option, this product is not only great for home use but also a perfect choice for office use or heavy gamer.
- It has a combined data rate of up to 5334 Mbps with whole-home coverage and combined tri-band Smart Connect that can ensure stable connectivity with faster data delivery for all your wireless devices.
- It can work with majority operating systems, Windows, Mac or Linux. In terms of security, it uses Trend Micro’s AiProtection which provides multi-level protection to protect your network from vulnerability.
- Built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) of route-optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming
- It comes with a tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) with the latest 802.11ac 4×4 technology for maximum coverage (up to 5,000 square feet)
- It also equipped with WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN). All gamers will love it because it can provide low and stable ping gaming time
- It has 8 external detachable antennas, a power adaptor, and an RJ-45 cable
- ASUSWRT UI makes the installation process easily using a Web-based interface.
- Asus Router App lets you manage all router activity from your phones.
7. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router
This Medialink wifi router is specifically designed for not only for large home environments but also for streaming or gaming and supports multiple wireless device connections that can run simultaneously
The AC12oo router has a speed of 300Mbps@2.4GHz and 867 Mbps@5GHz. It provides excellent wireless coverage, for small or even for large homes, thanks to simultaneous dual-band WiFi that can avoid wireless interference. It also has a 2.0 USB port as well as a 4 LAN ports. It comes with Beamforming technology that allows you to stream any online videos and surf the internet faster. Its Automatic signal management feature will make your wireless-enabled devices receive the best wifi signal.
- The product is powered by Broadcom ARM Cortex-A7 CPU processor
- It can handle 12 or more Wi-Fi devices simultaneously
- Strong firewall combined with wireless security
- Guest network access
- Has 2 internal antennas for better coverage
- Full control where you can restrict wifi access only to the times you allow
- Range extender to improves the coverage of wifi signal
8. Linksys AC1900 (WRT1900ACS)
This wireless-AC router is up to 4.3 times faster than a wifi-N router, and it has a great Wi-Fi range too. The device is capable of delivering up to 600 Mbps at 2.4 GHz frequency and 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz frequency that can be used for media-intensive apps
The device is powered by a 1.6GHz dual-core processor and combined with 512MB of RAM that allows the router run faster and data transfer speeds become more quickly and allowing multiple users to game online and stream movies at the same time. The device also has a Smart Wi-Fi application with Network Map software to makes it easier when controlling the home wi-fi network at any time and anywhere.
It has a simultaneous dual-band speed of 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 1300 Mbps (5 GHz). Its powerful CPU promotes simultaneous high-speed processing, allowing multiple users to game online and stream movies at the same time. You can also share content via an external storage device with ultra-fast data transfer speeds. Parental control over content can also be gained.
- It has 4 external, adjustable high-performance antennas
- It is an open-source device so users can upgrade or modify its firmware
- Dual-Band router
- Beamforming technology that helps to create stronger and faster Connections
- The connectivity is very flexible, with eSATA, USB 3.0 or even standard USB 2.0
9. TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WIFI Router (Archer C1200)
This exceptional, solid router with a fairly reasonable price and well-covered range beats its rival products by far and is a favorite amongst customers.
The Archer C1200 is a Gigabit wireless router and supports 802.11ac standard. It comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports where you can use it to directly connect to a wide variety of wired devices. It is an excellent choice for any internet plan and with its 1200 Mbps AC Wi-Fi Speed (N300+AC900), streaming 4K movies on multiple devices will be more comfortable and fun. This product’s guest network provides secure Wi-Fi access to guests. It has an easy setup and covers a wide range, with uncompromised speed.
- Parental control lets you to manage time limits and keep your children safe while browsing
- Wifi Protected Setup (WPS)
- A simple installation can be done via browser or mobile devices
- TP-Link DDNS Service Available for free
- TP-Link Tether app can be downloaded for free for Android, iOS devices
- It has 3x external antennas
10. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750
This product is one of the most popular wireless routers for home use in the market, it is reviewed by more than 21.700 customers in Amazon. It provides a better fast connection and better Wi-Fi coverage no matter where you connect it in your home and can handle homes with 12 or more wireless-enabled devices.
Using this wifi router, you will enjoy lag-free Wi-Fi experience for gaming, browsing, and video streaming. The speed is up to 450 Mbps + 1300 Mbps. Beamforming boosts coverage and speed for both 2.3 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.
- It has one 3.0 USB port
- Advanced protection against phishing and spyware
- The bandwidth is prioritized for streaming videos or music.
- Packed with Dual-core processor to boosts performance.
- There are 3 external antennas
- It has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN, 1 WAN)
- Run faster in mobile devices
We hope that this article helped you pick out the best possible router available on the market. The ASUS (RT-N12) router is the cheapest on the market and provides a set of successful functions, including a wide range coverage and the maximum speed that allows you to download any sort of media without the fear of being disconnected.
You need to choose your routers based on their square feet coverage while taking your house space into consideration. Furthermore, you need to consider the multiple functions being provided with the router in order to ensure a high-end Wi-Fi connection.
Home Router Buying Guide
Access to internet connectivity has become a daily necessity for everyone. No more it can be considered as a luxury, rather in some countries, it has been termed as a legitimate constitutional right of the citizens. You can find wireless routers in every place now a day. From offices to apartments, hospitals, houses even in a van parked in the parking lot of a shopping mall. It is because a wireless router allows you to stay connected to the internet service from anywhere at any time.
Why do you need a home router?
Though you can opt for a wired one, using a wireless router can help you get rid of the Ethernet cables that can turn your house into a wire trap. Moreover, a wired connection is good for the desktops but not all gadgets come with an Ethernet port, like tablets, smartphones. Now a wireless one has an inbuilt switch to turn it into a wired one very easily.
A router is considered as a centerpiece of a house now a day. This is the only means that can help you stay connected with the world, stream music videos, play online games and get connected to every device around you. A single computer is no more the solution of individual internet access now when you can easily get connected through your own device and a common home router.
Now before you go to buy a wireless router for your home you need to get some basic knowledge about how it works. Otherwise, you can face lots of problems. One of the major problems is interruptions. Almost every home, you can find a router now. So the signals of them can get interrupted. Even your household appliances can cause interruption. Like the microwave oven. Here are the important details about the parameters you need to have an idea about before you buy a home router.
Carefully choose the network standards
Before you buy a wireless router it is important that you must know about the wireless standards every manufacturer implements in their routers just like smartphones. Like the IEEE standard. Now, these standards are determined based on the generation, the architecture, speed, connectivity and other parameters of the router. There are standards like 802.11g, 802.11n and the latest one is 802.11ac. Day by day the standards are improving.
The numbers define the capacity of a router based on which it is determined which one is suitable for gaming purpose or home use purpose. The latest one 802.11ac can reach to an exorbitant speed of few Gigabytes per second which is a way too higher than the last one. The “ac” router is backward compatible with the older version devices. Whenever you’re going to buy a new router look for the “ac” generation router, as in the world of electronics it is good to stay updated. It is also necessary to keep in mind that other devices of yours like tablets or smartphones must also be compatible with this standard also.
Wi-Fi speed is also important to consider
Before you question the speed declaration of the manufacturer, there is a very important factor present in your home which you must reconsider. It is the obstruction and interruption due to the presence of walls, doors, other appliances and other gadgets in your house. The signal of a router gets obstructed by these and you face a disruption. The manufacturer will declare that the router follows 802.11ac standards and can stream a high definition video from a certain distance.
But in a practical scenario, the obstacles in your house will slow down the router speed. So it is better to keep the router in your center room like the drawing-room and get a signal extender in certain areas of your home where the family members spend most of their time. This system will definitely help to speed up the internet. Also, it is recommended to go for a router with high speed so even after many obstacles you land at decent internet speed.
Determine the number of bands you need for our home router
Most of the manufacturers of home routers make dual-band setting but now there are tri-band setups are also available. In a dual-band router, there are basically two radios. Among them, one operates at 2.4 GHz and the other in 5.0GHz. Now, when there are many gadgets in a small space accessing the internet this dual setting helps you to control the crowd and smoothly access the internet. Make sure that the router you’re going to buy has two radios in dual set-up because some routers come with a single radio with two frequencies. These routers are not much of help in traffic control.
In tri-band routers, there is an additional radio of 5.0 GHz frequency. If there are many smartphones accessing through the router then using this router you can scatter the number in two radios to control the traffic. Tri-band is always better than dual-band. Now as per your requirement choose anyone.
Security protection in wireless connection
Wireless connections are insecure but convenient. So it is very important that you secure the home network connection. Otherwise, any person with bad intentions near your home can overhear your online activities use your connection illegitimately and access anything and everything on the internet. This is not only going to hamper your privacy also this can be offensive and cause lots of trouble to you.
Any router in the market comes with minimum WPA2 internet security protocols. It is recommended that to have devices that support this protocol also. The routers now a day comes with advance enterprise and home security settings and better encryption code security systems. You must know how to have security locks on your devices and access password protection for your home network. This will help you to block unwanted users. Also, code encryption will secure your privacy. Also, the quality of service of a router is important which ensures the quality of firmware used to access the internet.